Parallelware Analyzer is a new command-line reporting tool aimed at improving the productivity of HPC application developers. It collects information about the source code from computation, memory and control-flow perspectives, helping to minimise the time taken to understand how and where to parallelize code and what further code parallelization opportunities remain in already parallel code.
This tool is designed around the needs of both the expert HPC programmer by aiding them in code analysis that would otherwise be completed by hand. The design also helps the novice HPC-programmer as the series of reports can incrementally aid in improving knowledge of how to parallelize.
- Understand your code to prepare for parallelization
- Quickly identify the flow of computation and data throughout the code
- Understand in-memory data-layout for optimal parallelization
- Identify data-scoping
- Immediate identification of code patterns that are ideal for parallelization
- Parallelize code within minutes rather than hours or days!