Parallelware Trainer 1.0 continues Appentra’s mission to bring HPC to everyone by providing enhanced training support
A Coruña, Spain, 13 September 2018 — Appentra Solutions releases the newest HPC training assistance tool, Parallelware Trainer 1.0. helping to address the company’s mission of bringing High Performance Computing (HPC) and parallel programming to everyone.
Appentra’s goal has always been to minimize and eventually remove the parallel software development barrier and making parallel computing easier for everyone. With the release of Parallelware Trainer 1.0 we bring this one step closer.
What is Parallelware Trainer?
Parallelware Trainer 1.0 provides an interactive learning environment where users can learn how to parallelize while interacting with real code. This provides the ability to enhance traditional lecture based training by allowing learners to apply their knowledge in real-time.
Parallelware Trainer uses the core Parallelware Technology, a unique hierarchical analysis engine developed by Appentra, that understands where and how to parallelize code.
What can Parallelware Trainer do for you?
- Identifies opportunities for parallelism in real applications
- Shows you what your options are for parallelizing a specific code region, providing a ranked list of options to try
- Aids you in adding syntactically and semantically correct OpenMP (for shared memory parallelism) and OpenACC (for accelerator offloading) directives
- Speeds up benchmarking to identify the most efficient parallelization techniques, including combinations of techniques and variations within specific directives, providing the learner with quick, real-time comparisons of the different approaches to parallelizing the same code in different ways.
- Helps you understand why certain directives work in specific situations and not in others, including understanding data scoping and how performance is impacted by different choices of directives
What’s new in 1.0 version?
- Multi-platform: Parallelware Trainer is now available on Linux, Windows and MacOS.
- A new user-friendly interface focuses on usability and simplicity ensuring you spend all your time learning about parallel programming.
- Use your own code! Parallelware Trainer 1.0 allows you to use any existing code project, from single files, to complex multi-directory software projects. This ensures that you learn what is most important for your software and use your learning time to improve your code performance.
- Improved integration with user-defined workflows: use your own unique/bespoke compilation and execution commands while still learning how and where to parallelize by utilizing the power of the Parallelware Technology to analyze your code.
- Simplified licensing: no-one likes complicated licence installation processes! Parallelware Trainer removes the pain. Simply download a licence and Parallelware Trainer will do the rest of the work for you.
- Built-in version control: the Version Manager allows you to keep track of all of the different parallel implementations, as well as the original code, that you generate as you learn. Restore and benchmark any of the versions to understand the performance improvements for each type of parallelism you introduce.
- Work on multiple projects: the Project Explorer allows you to have multiple different projects open at any time. Parallelware Trainer also remembers the state you left the project in last time you closed it, so you can recover all the different versions of the code!